Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Hi Pressure washer question

NH

09-25-17, 01:30 PM   #1  
Hi Pressure washer question

Hi All, correct me if I am wrong, when I am appling chemical through the downstream chemical injector only the chemical mix is being applied and no additional water is being added.
Thanks
Geo

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

09-25-17, 01:58 PM   #2  
Unless I'm mistaken the chemical injector uses water to 'siphon' the chemical which would dilute it. I always use a pump up garden sprayer instead to apply the cleaner.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

09-25-17, 03:20 PM   #3  
In fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's principle states that an increase in the speed of a fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid's potential energy. The principle is named after Daniel Bernoulli who published it in his book Hydrodynamica in 1738.
Same principle as a Carburetor: As the velocity of air increases through the venturi it draws fuel and creates a fuel/air mixture. Air is in sense a fluid just as water so the velocity of the water creates a low pressure drawing the chemical to create a mixture.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

NH

09-25-17, 03:30 PM   #4  
So that being said, a chemical solution of 1:20 ratio is further diluted .
Geo

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

09-25-17, 03:35 PM   #5  

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread