Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo leaf blower not starting

11-12-17, 04:48 PM   #1  
Echo leaf blower not starting

Echo ES-255 Leaf Blower<br />
<br />
I replaced both the carburetor and spark plug on my leaf blower with new ones. I have also confirmed ignition system is functioning with inline spark tester. Unit will start with difficulty with choke active, but will stop when switched to run.<br />
<br />
It appears to be fuel related with fuel not reaching the engine, but with a new carburetor installed I am baffled.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
Thanks

Sponsored Links

MO

11-12-17, 07:34 PM   #2  
While the unit is running spray/dribble carb/brake parts cleaner behind the carb and along all mating surfaces if the engine tempo changes you have an air leak otherwise the fuel lines and filter need to be replaced. Have a good one Geo

11-12-17, 08:37 PM   #3  
Thanks for reply, I'll check tomorrow. Fuels lines are new, air filter is new and also for and aft carburetor gaskets. New fuel filter also and new breather. All parts are new including the spark plug.

CT

11-13-17, 03:47 AM   #4  
U don't say the running condition before U changed all the parts. It would be helpful. Older Echo's had a spark arrester (SS screen) that caused poor performance when dirty. The muffler had to be removed to clean it.

NJ

11-13-17, 04:21 AM   #5  
My guess would be that the flywheel key is sheared or partially sheared. I have replaced a couple on Echo PB-150 blowers. The key is integrated into the flywheel.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-13-17, 11:30 AM   #6  
What was it doing before all this? Why did you replace these parts? Have you checked compression?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread