Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy built chipper/vac model 47279 engine options

11-23-17, 09:56 AM   #1  
Troy built chipper/vac model 47279 engine options

I have a Troy built chipper/vac model 47279 with a bad engine( piston froze in the jug) engine is a tecumseh 5 hp H50 65582t SERIAL NUMBER 2191D I tore the engine down and got the piston out of the jug, it didn't float a valve but looks like a overheat lean seizure.My question is this, I think I might be able to hone and possible purchase a piston kit for the engine but not knowing the amount of hrs on the engine and the main surfaces look to be worn on the rod and crank itself,where actually can I purchase these parts-are replacement engines available for this chipper/vac since Tecumseh isnt in bis anymore, the shaft is 1 inch in diameter and the overall length from side of case to end of crank is 2 7/16, it is drilled and threaded on the end for the flywheel with blades.I found a used engine on ebay but the last serial number on that is a U I have a T and have reservations about a purchase in the fashion.<br />
ANY OPTIONS and help is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links

11-23-17, 09:59 AM   #2  
I would be open to a new updated Briggs or Honda engine installation on the chipper but also wish to keeps my options open for costs. I have no real idea as too hrs on the unit as it was my late father in laws.

Group Moderator

NC

11-23-17, 12:27 PM   #3  
I have done re-engine projects and have never used the same engine as the machine originally had. Big retailers like Northern Tool have a bunch of engines but they tend to only carry the most common shaft styles. But if you look deeper you'll find that Honda and Briggs offer a multitude of shaft styles as standard and might have what you need.

Honda keeps a tight leash on their distributors & retailers so once you find the engine you want you'll need to buy/order is through someone licensed to sell in your region. Briggs is less restrictive so you can get an engine from almost anyone.

11-23-17, 05:24 PM   #4  
any idea of sites for free online parts manuals?
has anybody used a particular online site for parts that they recommend?

MO

11-23-17, 07:17 PM   #5  
Check smallenginewarehouse.com for a repower engine. have a good one. Geo

11-23-17, 07:35 PM   #6  
thanks very much for the help.
They do not have my model number engine or chipper/vac on the site, might be too old?

Search this Thread