Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo PB770H bogging at full throtle

NY

12-02-17, 10:04 PM   #1  
Echo PB770H bogging at full throtle

Last fall I bought the unit brand new. Everything worked well until about a week ago. It would start on the second pull (max) every time, then when I opened the choke and throttled up, it would bog down. I tried monkeying with the choke and found that it would run full throttle at about 3/4- to almost-full choke. Granted, it didn't rev up to full RPMs like before, but it's a difference only I would notice.

When I opened it up, the first thing I noticed was there seemed to be oil around the air filter. Not much, but any oil there is a cause for concern. I haven't gotten into the carb yet, but I don't want to if I don't have to. This blower should still be under warranty but I need the blower this time of year, so if it's something I could do myself and not lose it for a month to the shop, that's preferable.

Sponsored Links

VA

12-03-17, 05:38 AM   #2  
Tried replacing the fuel filter in the tank?
100% sure your mixing the correct amount of oil with the fuel?
Trying to use older fuel?
Replaced the oil soaked air filter?
Adjusted the high speed jet on the carburetor? (some require a special screwdriver)
I never try and rebuild those tiny carburetors, I just replace them, only takes a few min.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-03-17, 03:19 PM   #3  
I would open the high speed mixture screw a hair. There's also a chance of the exhaust being plugged but usually partial choke doesn't help overcome that problem much.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

12-03-17, 03:31 PM   #4  
Tried replacing the fuel filter in the tank? - I havenít but that could be a consideration.

100% sure your mixing the correct amount of oil with the fuel? - Yes, 100%

Trying to use older fuel? - No and even after running multiple tanks augmented with Seafoam, it hasnít changed a thing.

Replaced the oil soaked air filter? - The air filter isnít soaked. I just noticed a little oil around the edges. None on the actual filter.

Adjusted the high speed jet on the carburetor? (some require a special screwdriver)
I never try and rebuild those tiny carburetors, I just replace them, only takes a few min. - I havenít gotten to the carb yet, but that may be inevitable.

MO

12-03-17, 05:26 PM   #5  
While the engine is running spray/dribble some carb/brake parts cleaner behind the carb and along all mating surfaces if the engine tempo changes you have an air leak, although it is only a year old check the fuel lines you may have a crack, if you have adjustment screws on the carb open the H about 1/8 turn to the left. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread