Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman 24" 208cc Snowblower tire chains

MN

12-21-17, 04:58 AM   #1  
Craftsman 24" 208cc Snowblower tire chains

hey everyone, I just purchased this snowblower and am looking for compatible tire chains. The tire size is 13X4 and I'm having a hell of a time finding the right ones. I'm sure I could get close, but I want don't want to have to deal with sending them back to wherever I got them.

Also, I have a steep, rather long, gravel driveway in Minnesota if anyone has tips for me. I already bought some cleats for my boots, which are a necessity. I also can't get it into the shed very easily, so I'm planning on storing it outside. Planning on making an insulation box to put over the engine and augur to melt snow once I'm done using it, then wrapping it in a tarp. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links

TN

12-21-17, 07:01 AM   #2  
Google "snow blower tire chains 4x13".

NY

12-21-17, 02:44 PM   #3  
With a gravel driveway you might want to raise your cutting edge a little bit so you won't throw gravel around.
Sid

VT

12-22-17, 03:58 AM   #4  
What kind of Tread do you have on those tires ?

I have found that the newer engineered treads from Carlisle . . . . like the Snow Hog and X-Trac can provide more traction WITHOUT chains than most of the older designs, even when equipped with chains.

MN

12-22-17, 06:30 AM   #5  
... put over the engine and augur to melt snow once I'm done using it, then wrapping it in a tarp.

I don't think that is a good idea at all. The melted snow will turn to ice somewhere and give you heartaches. I'd just brush the snow off then cover it. Inside the shed would be better but a tarp will do.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

12-22-17, 09:57 AM   #6  
Personally I don't like tarps for storing anything with fuel. A simple lean to on the North side of a building is about best. Also a cheap plastic tote that will cover the equipment maybe kept in place with a bungee. You want to keep it out of the elements, especially direct sun, and allow air to move to avoid condensation. Condensation is the biggest culprit to not only fuel, but also engine oil.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread