Are these Tecumseh Snowblower Engines interchangeable?

Old 01-17-18, 03:20 PM
Are these Tecumseh Snowblower Engines interchangeable?

Are these two engines interchangable?
HSSK55-67501B and LH195SP-67514D. I have been looking all over the NET and haven't found anything.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-18, 03:54 PM
I haven't been able to find anything on these exact models either. However, I did find some Tecumseh info on similar models. Here's the main link: Small Engine Suppliers - Engine Specifications and Line Drawings for Tecumseh Small Engines

Take a look at this sub link: http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/...e-drawings.pdf

From what I've been able to find, I would say there's a good chance that they are interchangeable.

Old 01-17-18, 05:16 PM
Go to smallenginewarehouse.com and select the repower tab. Have a good one. Geo

Old 01-18-18, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator
You need to carefully compare the specs of any replacement engine you are considering.
I tried to re-power my 12 hp, 30" Craftsman sno-blower and failed to remove the pulley to check the shaft size and ordered an offshore replacement.
Standard shaft size for that HP engine is 1" but I found later that Craftsman used a 3/4" shaft 12 HP engine that is not a standard size.
Unfortunately the OEM replacement engine is close to the cost of a new snow-blower.

It looks like that company saved a pile of money by using the drive mechanism from the smaller snow-blowers on their larger models.