Homelite weed whacker carburetor question

Old 02-28-18, 12:00 AM
Homelite weed whacker carburetor question

Hi, I've had some issues with my Homelite weed whacker (UT32605), stalling, not starting etc. I've gone through a few trial and error fixes, and ended up removing the L and H carburetor needles (quite a task). I cut screwing slots into them and screwed them back in and did the 2.5 revolution unscrewing. All seems ok, it starts and runs fine. The only thing that worries me is did I put the screws back into the right holes? I checked Zamacarb and they say "the L needle is always longer". How do I figure out which is the L and which is the H hole? Also I noticed one of the needles had a band around it, I guess to distinguish the two. Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-18, 01:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The L needle is always closest to the engine, the H needle is always closest to the air filter.

Old 03-03-18, 01:14 AM
Good to know but the length of these ones are so similar it's a bit of a guess. One has a cylindrical tip, whereas the other is more cone shaped. Anyway, I tried swapping them and it wouldn't start, so turned out I had it right - 50/50 chance anyway. Here's a pic FYI ...

Old 03-03-18, 01:22 AM

Old 03-03-18, 01:32 AM

Last edited by Iainsallan; 03-03-18 at 01:50 AM.

Search this Thread