Recommendation on website to buy parts?

Old 03-22-18, 08:39 AM
Recommendation on website to buy parts?

There's loads of places online that sell parts for engines, snowblowers, etc.

Is there any you would recommend or suggest avoiding? I'm looking for fair pricing, good selection, competent staff if I have a question, etc.

Right now looking for carb parts (or new carb) for a generator with Subraru engine, throttle cable for a 40+ year old Ariens snowblower that is still working great, and belts for a 20+ year old Noma / Murray snow blower

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-18, 08:55 AM
I seldom buy more than one part at a time; but when I do have a list of non-urgent items, I have found that Tulsa Engine Warehouse has been my first go to place. This doesn't look like a link to TEWwarehouse . . . . but it is:

Tulsa Engine Warehouse is your source for small gas engines such as Briggs & Stratton, Honda, Kohler, Kawasaki We have complete small gas engines and also lawnmower parts for gas engines.

They may not have the least expensive price on every item; but they usually have everything PLUS lots of OEM alternatives, and their Shipping Charges keep the overall price I pay lower than anything I can find on eBay or elsewhere.

They also keep a record of everything that I've bought from them, which makes it easy for me to re-locate Part Numbers and to compare today's price with what I've paid in the past.

Still, I usually shop around when it's that one specific part that I need now and will never replace again in this lifetime.

Old 03-22-18, 09:07 AM
Thanks.. yeah, with a list of things I need, I'd go crazy trying to get best price... but shipping from all over kills that idea. And then going with someone else, I'll load up my cart and get annoyed they don't have 1 part and I'm back to paying extra shipping to deal with another vendor.

I have to check them out!

Old 03-22-18, 09:07 AM
I try to buy locally when I can, but, if not, I usually start with repairclinic.com or Jacks Small Engines, depending on what I'm looking for.

Old 03-22-18, 10:30 AM
For a big company that has pretty much everything https://www.repairclinic.com/, though I get the feeling their customer service isn't too personal. And shipping isn't the best.

I have used K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts & Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts for a variety of small and off the wall parts with very good prices. It seems like a small operation but the guy was very knowledgeable and personable. I remember emailing him late at night one time for some stihl info/parts and he responded within an hour with manuals and prices etc. He's located in the mid-west somewhere. I think I talked with him on the phone around midnight once. He said he's a night owl like I am.

Old 04-08-18, 09:27 PM
Parts Web Site

i have had excellent service, selection and pricing from [url=http://www.Partstree.com] for several years. it is the first place I go, especially for hard to find old parts. Try them!

Old 04-09-18, 04:33 AM
I'll agree with aka Predro. Jack's small engine repair.