Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stop switch

NH

04-06-18, 02:36 PM   #1  
Stop switch

Hi All, we have a B&S V Twin Vanguard engine, the wiring Dia. shows a Stop switch connection , I donít see the need as terminals 1-3-6 are grounded in the off position.
Thoughts
Geo

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-08-18, 04:46 PM   #2  
I can't see the diagram to make out anything. If you are testing for ground through those terminals, you will have ground through many terminals when the key is off. One is likely the charging stator... it will show as a ground because it is a grounded wire wrapped all around the laminations of the stator. How many are grounded with the key off but don't have power when the key is on? The wire to the carb solenoid will show grounded with the key off but it has power when you turn it on. Same with the headlights if those are connected through the switch.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NH

04-08-18, 05:23 PM   #3  
Sorry for that poor image, the question was why do I need a Stop switch? It shows one in that drawing,my thought is just make the connection at the tab on the coil if there is one on this engine, no need for any stop switch.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

04-08-18, 06:47 PM   #4  
Many problems with your pic and lack of info...the electrical is going to be provided by the Equipment manufacture the engine is mounted on.
No model or type of the VanGuard or info on the equipment.

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread