Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan Pro Hydrostat problem

04-10-18, 04:41 AM   #1  
Poulan Pro Hydrostat problem

I have a Poulan Pro model PP19A42 tractor with hydrostat drive. There are 2 intermittent problems with it. 1, sometimes the bypass lever on the back fails to put it in neutral making it very hard to push. 2, sometimes when I step on the reverse pedal it won't budge. I have to go forward a few feet then the reverse pedal works normal. All Poulan will tell me is to take it to a dealer. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-10-18, 10:04 AM   #2  
On problem one, I would think the pull pin is not moving the lever on the transmission far enough, possibly grass and dirt caked up on the transmission in the way. Problem two, possibly also related to grass and dirt buildup on the transmission keeping the linkage from moving into the reverse range.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-10-18, 12:46 PM   #3  
Posted By: cheese On problem one, I would think the pull pin is not moving the lever on the transmission far enough, possibly grass and dirt caked up on the transmission in the way. Problem two, possibly also related to grass and dirt buildup on the transmission keeping the linkage from moving into the reverse range.
Thanks, I'll check for that when the snow melts so I can get to the shed. I've been worrying about this all winter.

Search this Thread