Simplicity Regent Blade won't Engage

Old 05-18-18, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Simplicity Regent Blade won't Engage

Hello all. A while back we had an issue that the blades on our Simplicity rider wouldn't engage. You would pull the knob and nothing would happen; no click, no clunk, nothing. After toying with it for a while I took the seat apart and found that some mice had made a nest out of some of the foam. I cleaned it out, put it back together and then the blade seemed to work fine. Not sure if that was a result of the seat or just good luck. That was last summer.

Fast forward to a week or so ago. My grandpa was using the mower and he said the blade was going and then cut out on him and he couldn't get it back. I went out there hours later, started it up and started the blades. They started up, cut out, started back, cut out, then started up and kept going. No issues since then. Until now.

Yesterday he was mowing and again, the blades cut out. So I tried it and no matter what, I couldn't get them to engage. I took apart the seat and taped down the safety switch (now I can get off the mower and it will stay running!!) and put it all back together. Tried to engage the blades and still, nothing.

At this point what could it be? Could it be the switch itself? I tried replacing that last year but I am almost positive that a new switch had the same result. Could it be something else?

Sorry I don't have the exact model number right now. I know it's a Simplicity Regent 44 inch from the 90's I would guess.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-18, 11:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I am betting your uninvited guests chewed on more than just the seat. Sounds like a broken or chewed wire was intermittent and is now come completely loose.

Old 05-18-18, 12:49 PM
Would it be a wire under the seat? From what I can tell, the plug that goes under seat only has two wires and both of those (at least on that end) looked good.

Maybe I need to follow all of the wires (6 or 8 of them?) from the knob to...wherever it is they all go?

Old 05-18-18, 12:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check the wires at the plug on the clutch .