John Deere LX188 no power to starter solenoid

Old 06-10-18, 08:25 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
John Deere LX188 no power to starter solenoid

HI,
I bought an LX188 the other day that I didn't get any history on. JD ID number is MOL188X092593. Engine is a Kawasaki FD501V. Bought it for the engine and deck Problem is that I get no power to the starter solenoid. I can jump directly from the battery to the starter solenoid spade and it starts right up and runs great. I tried the obvious things. Checked the safety interlocks, the fuses on ignition switch are good, wiring connections are good. I even replaced the ignition circuit board with one that I knew is good. Swapped clutch switch with one that I knew was good also.
When I turn the key to the run position, the battery and oil indicator lights come on. The carb solenoid also clicks when I turn the ignition switch on. So I think that would rule out a safety switch problem. When I turn it to the start position, the temp indicator light comes on. There is no power to the starter solenoid when I check it with a test light. I also checked the brown wire that goes to the solenoid at the ignition circuit board with a test light and it shows no power. Not sure what else to check. Could the voltage reg or ignitor box have anything to do with it? Thank you

Old 06-10-18, 09:26 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Got it fixed. The wiring connection at the transmission was unplugged.

Old 06-10-18, 01:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 49 Posts
Glad you found the problem. The LX188 is the pinnacle of quality for John Deere or all mowers for that matter in my opinion. Except for that stupid brittle plastic hood that they want $600 to replace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: