Need help with type of pressure washer oil

Old 06-18-18, 09:19 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with type of pressure washer oil

Hi all,

My sister in law was going to throw her pressure washer out because the motor had seized, so I took it off her hands and got it unseized.

It is a Simoniz Model XE15 Electric pressure washer. My question is what type of oil goes in the motor housing. It looked like possibly a type of gear oil when it poured out when I opened the motor up, but I want to make sure before I replace it. Any help is most appreciated. Take care and have a great day

Old 06-18-18, 05:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There is no mention of any oil in the owners manual. I think I'd contact the company directly.

simoniz.ca/uploads/manual_S1700_XE15-EN.pdf

Old 06-19-18, 05:16 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ya I spoke to Simoniz the 3 people I spoke to there had no clue, and the official repair dealer I spoke to whose number simoniz gave me the guy I spoke to there had no clue, but the actual repair technician was not in.

but there was definitely oil in it, because when I separated the motor from impeller about a cup and a half spilled onto my desk. Thank you for the response though I’ll keep looking

Old 06-20-18, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Regular 10W-30 or 5W-30 automotive oil will work just fine.
The biggest problem with pressure washer oil is water infiltration from leaking seals which is quite common in these pumps
Frequent oil changes are what will ensure a long lasting pump.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: