Carb question for gcv160

Old 06-24-18, 02:47 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Carb question for gcv160

Hi - I was given a power washer with a Honda gcv160 engine on it that hasn’t run for many years. I put some fuel in it and it didn’t start and leaked gas from the carb area. So I took off the air filter and carb and cleaned the carb real good. I went to put the float back together and I don’t see a spring for the float valve.

Did I lose it or does this model not come with one? My engine is too old for Honda to locate the parts but I’ve searched parts sites and some show a spring and some don’t.

Btw - new carbs are like 15 bucks...if I but a new valve or even the gaskets I’m almost there. Do most of you just buy a new carb when a part gets shot?

Old 06-24-18, 05:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
The only problem with the cheap carbs is that they are chinese knockoffs. The quality is not the same. If that doesn't matter to you, then go for it but save the original carb. It seems like some of those came with springs on the needles and some had different needles that don't require a spring. These engines aren't all that old, honda should have no problem with parts for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: