Shakespeare Auto winder II Trimmer head ?

Old 09-04-18, 08:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shakespeare Auto winder II Trimmer head ?

I bought one of these. Installed it. Installed the line. No problem. But now the line is used up. Only maybe two inches remaining in each eye. Was going to just install new line. The thing is, the head will not give up the remaining line. So no way to add new line till I can remove the remainder of the old line. I've searched the net. Gone to the Shakespeare site. Can find no info. I've read these are junk. But has anyone had a problem like this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ih4630; 09-04-18 at 08:34 PM. Reason: I can make no corretions while writing a new thread. I have to post. Then when I press edit. I can do anything needed.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-18, 05:32 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
This type of trimmer head usually has alignment arrows to show how to position the spool to insert new line.

Old 09-05-18, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, it does. Inserting new line in an empty spool is no problem. It's getting the remainder of the old line out of the spool that has me stumped. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Old 09-06-18, 06:59 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
The head comes apart. Look for a latch on each side. Press the latches inward to separate the head. Most likely the line is tangled inside the spool and will not release without taking the head apart.