Ferris mower trouble.

Old 09-10-18, 12:16 PM
Ferris mower trouble.

I have a 2006 ferris is 2000z. 25h.p. kawasaki fh motor. When cutting lately mower loses power when blades are engaged. Running down hill it's not so bad but any extra load is put on it cuts out. If i disengage the blade mower will run at top speed. No problem. Let's here it. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-18, 01:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Loses power like one cylinder shutting down? Have you replaced spark plugs? Air filter condition? Fuel filter?

Old 09-13-18, 12:59 AM
I have replaced fuse block wiring harness ignition switch safety switches fuel pump fuel filters air filters coils plugs. New battery rebuilt the starter. I am at a loss...

Old 09-13-18, 09:18 AM
I'd try using a 1/2 ratchet to take the tenstion off off the deck belt and slipping it off one of the pulleys and try turning the blades to see if you have a bad spindle.
Also check the idler pulley, I've had one go bad on my new Ferris and my Massey Fergason.

Old 09-13-18, 09:34 AM
I will check spindles. I have replaced both belts, clutch, and all idler pulleys. Man I am at wits end..

Old 09-14-18, 12:17 AM
Took belt off spindles are fine. This is a 2006,they came with Hercules spindles. You do have 2 service them.grease. I did however took the bowl off of the carburetor. Bottom o ring was half deteriorated. So replaced the o ring cleaned all the parts visible 2 me. We'll see what happens.

Old 09-14-18, 06:16 AM
Sharpen the blades and reduce the forward speed when mowing.

Old 09-19-18, 04:27 PM
Blades

Blades you could shave with. If I go any slower a push mower would be faster. But not with a broken leg. Took carburetor off cleaned it up put it back on, had a mechanic buddy of mine check it out. Apparently thr last person that worked on it,sump gasket, messed the governor setting up. He readjusted it. Decided to replace both coils. Only one was changed before and that is where I am right now. Just got home with the coils...

Old 09-25-18, 06:07 PM
Coils and carb.

Put the new coils on and ordered a carburetor. Carb will be here 2morro and by Thursday this thing will be like new. If however it doesn't. I will take all new parts off and make a video, of how to make a zeroturn mower disappear.

Old 09-26-18, 08:14 AM
If i disengage the blade mower will run at top speed. No problem.
This doesn't sound like a governor out of adjustment. The governor must still operate when the blades are disengaged. Most inclines result in the governor operating unless the engine is already a maximum rpm.