Homelite 2700 psi UT80522E pressure washer

Old 10-14-18, 07:19 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Homelite 2700 psi UT80522E pressure washer

I own this pressure washer and have noticed that I seem to be getting water in the oil. The engine when started will run for about 4 minutes. It stops, but can be restarted and will run for another 4-5 minutes. I found water in the oil, so I drained it and it ran great for about an hour, then it started the same pattern. I took the pump off and didn't see any signs of a broke seal or anything worn. Any idea how or why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-18, 12:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 920 Votes on 860 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Thread moved to the outdoor gas powered device forum.

Old 10-14-18, 04:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 27 Posts
There is no way for water to go from the pump to the engine oil, so you have water spraying or dripping somehow into an area where it's getting into the oil, or getting in there some other way. What are you seeing that makes you say it's water in the oil?

Old 10-15-18, 03:17 PM
M
I had not run the power washer for the season until early in September. It was acting like it did last Spring. Hard to keep running. As a last resort I pulled the oil fill plug and what was in there flowed just like water although it looked like oil. I drained the oil and filled it with new and it ran great...for awhile...it starts, but won't run more than 4 or 5 minutes, then stalls out. I can start it back up, but the same thing happens. I thought it might be something gunking up the fuel line, so I put some cleaner in the gas, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Old 10-15-18, 05:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's gas in the oil. Your carburetor is gummed up and the inlet needle isn't seating. Water in the oil will make the oil milky colored. Like peanut butter.

Old 10-22-18, 02:32 PM
M
Cheese, would it be difficult to repair? I hate to take it to a shop if it is something I can do myself.

Old 10-22-18, 07:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, you can buy a new carburetor and put it on, or take the bowl off of yours and get some carburetor cleaner and clean the needle, the inlet where the needle fits, and any other places that need it.