Husqvarna 51 Chainsaw?

Old 04-16-19, 09:57 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Husqvarna 51 Chainsaw?

I purchased a used Husky was not in bad shape and was cheap. I know I need to rebuild carb. I just wanted to see if it would fire. I pulled plug, tested spark and have good spark. Put a little gas in cylinder and put plug back in and pulled and pulled and nothing. Did several times, used new plug even, nothing. Any suggestions? Hate to clean up saw and rebuild carb if it is not going to run.

Old 04-16-19, 10:09 AM
A
Received 79 Upvotes on 69 Posts
might check compression first can also pull the muffler and look into cylinder for scoring.

Old 04-16-19, 11:18 AM
D
I did pull muffler, it has some minor scoring, will that affect whether or not it will fire? Have not checked compression. With plug in it, it seems to have good compression as it pull a little hard and easy when plug is out

Old 04-16-19, 12:44 PM
A
Received 79 Upvotes on 69 Posts
it is possible that it has lost enough compression that it may not want to fire could always try a cap full of motor oil in the cylinder for a few pulls with the plug out then try some more gas to see if it pops or tries to run the oil will help raise the compression but its just temporarily, you may have to pull the cylinder see if it cleans up with some muratic acid and throw a new piston and ring in it or you can get aftermarket cylinder kits fairly cheap also.

Old 04-16-19, 02:48 PM
D
Ill give that a try, just hard to believe that it will not pop with the spark that it has and that it pulls so hard with the plug in??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: