Ariens mower stalling

Old 05-28-01, 08:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I recently had my self propelled Ariens mower serviced. It will run for a half hour to an hour and then stall.It seems to be fuel related. Is there something in the gas that will cause this?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-01, 02:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

WHEN IT STALL PULL THE PLUG WIRE OFF GROUND PLUG TO SEE IF YOU ARE GETTING FIRE, IF NOT YOU HAVE A BAD IGNITION COIL,WHEN HOT WIRES INSIDE SEPERATE. IF FIRING YOU NEED TO CHECK VALVE CLEARENCE.EXHAUST VALVE MAY HAVE STRETCH TAKING AWAY YOUR VALVE CLEARENCE WHICH IS .008-.10 THOUSAND. SAME CAN HAPPEN ON INTAKE

Old 05-28-01, 06:03 PM
Admin Emeritus
Arrow Restricted Gas Cap

Hello and Welcome steve154 to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Small Engine forum. Keep in mind my company no longer services nor repairs small engine lawn and garden powered equipment. However, the help I can offer you is based upon my prior years in this industry with this type of equipment.

Prior to attempting any repairs, remove the fuel tanks gas cap. Run the mower as usual. {Be sure there is no more then half a tank of fuel} If the condition remains the same, check for fuel restrictions between the fuel tank and the carb.

If the condition you discribe is corrected, the gas cap has a restriction and the vent must be cleared out or the cap replaced.

If neither applies here after the test, then check the coil for spark as suggested by clarencce.

If the machine was serviced recently, within the last 30 days, you can return it for the problem it currently has, if this condition did not exist prior to the servicing.

Good Luck,
Tom_Bartco
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.
Personal Quote:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it until it is broken!"