Mtd yard machine

Old 05-22-19, 08:39 PM
Mtd yard machine

Ok so I installed new oem belt on my 42 inch deck yard machine 13bk608g129 model i installed the 7540497 belt which it called for though it does not fully engage the belt enough to move the belts it appears to be working correctly but the lever fully engaged there looks bent not sure if it is normal or not is there a way to adjust this or something I'm missing I am familiar with decks welded a few myself but not sure about this machine just got deck was seized up lubricant and free she turns but after mew belt can get it to turn to turn the blades

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-19, 01:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The most common reason I run into for this problem on that mower is the blade brakes. They get rusted up and won't move enough to allow the tensioner arm to obtain full travel to tighten the belt. The tensioner arm moves the pulley to tighten the belt, but it's also connected to the blade brake on the other side, so if it's rusted up, it can't move properly.

Old 05-23-19, 05:05 AM
If the blade spindles turn freely without any belts on their pulleys, my guess is the belt or belts are not being made tight enough when the engage lever is released. Could be the engage lever linkage (out of adjustment or bent) or the new belt is too long even though you state it is an oem belt with the correct number. Possible pulleys worn or have been changed (different diameter). Are you original owner of machine? Did you ever have it operating correctly? What is the last thing you did to the machine before changing belt?

Old 05-23-19, 06:48 AM
Lawnmower belt

Just bought it had seized up deck oiled it checked belt had burn spot so replaced just going threw it have to oil up and free everything I guess will check and photo the arm don't know if it's bent yet or not raining now so going to get it under the roof then go threw it

Old 05-25-19, 11:19 AM
Exclamation Lawnmower belt

so freed the break but found shift lever on pto has play in it theres a plastic nut like sleeve dont know if the flange is supposed to be above the frame or below? have the deck cleaned up oiled everything but stopped there got to get drive belt off and changed and tire and rim off to add tubebut having hard time with damn rim not beating on my tranny to free and puller didnt work so lossened for now and riding around some lol worked on the one

Old 05-25-19, 04:02 PM
Lawnmower belt brake

well woohoo freed up the brake and belt works still need to get the bottom part of lever up threw the orginal hole with that plastic nut that holds it but once i replace drive belt. next is horn lol

Old 05-25-19, 07:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad that worked, it's common and will probably happen again in the future but now you know where to look when it does.

I'm can't picture the plastic nut problem though.

Old 07-06-19, 08:52 PM
and there was this plasting not on the bottom first time I've ever dealt with

I don't know if I'mma have to get a diagram and repair manual or something double check but it did everything look right maybe that's a spacer in between the person and the dresser where where will be

Old 07-07-19, 01:13 PM
Nothing beats having diagrams and manuals for your machines.