Seeking Carburetor Repair Suggestions? (push mower)

Old 05-26-19, 02:34 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Seeking Carburetor Repair Suggestions? (push mower)

Through pure negligence, when pulling the carburetor from the Briggs & Stratton motor on my Troybilt push mower to see if it might be a factor in why the machine would not start, even though it had worked just a few days prior, I accidentally broke the little tab that is on what I assume is the throttle (through which the mechanical governor connects?).

The following pic shown a pencil pointing to the part from which it broke off and that's the little tab laying on the paper beside the carb. I've tried offbrand super glue twice, but it snaps off when I'm trying to reconnect it and a small alligator clip I tried does not have enough room to clip.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-19, 04:05 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
Have you looked at the cost of ordering a new carb?

CA glues are not great for plastics like that. And using cheap glue is just worse. If anything I would have tried a plastic epoxy.

Old 05-26-19, 04:06 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Glues only do so much, as you probably know, it's replacement time!

Old 05-26-19, 05:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Go to amazon or E bay. Most carbs usually less than 20$. Will need model # of motor or lawn mower

Old 05-26-19, 08:14 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Those carbs are relatively inexpensive. get the briggs engine # and go to amazon!

TryAgain voted this post useful.
Old 05-26-19, 02:35 PM
T
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping somebody may have made the same mistake and had figured out a working solution that would save me a few bucks.

Looking at the ones online, the majority don't appear to have what I believe is the choke lever on the top (The thing right under the word "Dixon" on my pencil) One of the product Q&As says you can pop the old one off and put it on the new one, but mine doesn't easily pop-off. Maybe if I tried a little more force, but before risking further breakage, I thought I'd ask for opinions.

The motor is 093J02-0006-F1 and I believe I'm looking for carburetor 592361, though I guess it might 84002023 because I don't know how to use the date code. From the online catalogs, 592361 comes up more often and looks to be right.

Again, anyone with better knowledge is welcome to weigh-in. Thanks!

Old 05-26-19, 06:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
I had to get several different carbs for small engines this year. All have had the parts on them that did not come off.One had the choke lever on backward and they sent me a new one and did not want old one back.

TryAgain voted this post useful.
Old 05-26-19, 10:23 PM
T
I'm going to hope the choke lever on this part stamped with the "Briggs & Stratton" logo that I have in my hand pops off, as it looks like it should on all of the carburetors that don't come with one, but I'm not going to try until I have the new one in my hand to better replicate it.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Trying to fix it was worth a shot.

(And to anyone contemplating removing their carb from a B&S motor, be careful in disconnecting the link bars and don't just pull the assembly out without paying attention)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: