Pressure washer Stalling on spraying??

Old 06-03-19, 05:21 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Pressure washer Stalling on spraying??

Craftsman 3000 2.7 max with a Honda OHC engine GVC190.
Model 580. 752630
I picked this up use ,great condition however it seems to stall when using the hose gun. I checked the engine seems to runs fine alone. it works for about 30 seconds when spraying then stalls the engine. I think it has something to do with the pump or flow of water? whats next?

Old 06-03-19, 05:24 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 408 Votes on 364 Posts
You mentioned flow of water - it is getting enough supply, right?

Old 06-03-19, 08:10 AM
It almost seems like the water flow is too strong or uneven could pump be failing??? IT sputters and conks out. I even tried an older hose and nozzle from a previous unit I owned. same results.
Is there a simple test on the pump i could do?

Old 06-03-19, 09:38 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 840 Posts
I would look at the carburetor, governor and governor linkage. Even though the engine is turning a full rpm it's lightly loaded when not spraying. When you start spraying the engine is under heavy load and the governor should be opening up the carburetor to full throttle. If that's not happening the engine will bog down and/or stall.

Old 06-10-19, 04:14 PM
IT was a frozen Unload-er Issue

I took off the unload-er from the pump cleaned it with vinegar. Then I got it working with no pressure, so I kept making a small adjustment until I got the pressure back! even thought I got the pressure to work just doesn't seem to be as powerful as my older one that had an adjustable spray wand
I would still like to know how and where to make some lubrication's.
I down loaded the manual,it mentioned to lube etc. (very vaguely ) Then looked at a few you tube videos. It struck me odd cause I didn't see anyone with my style have never seen UN-loader with such a small spring completely concealed?
I did however get it to working with very good power.! I just don't understand why the separate color nozzles (type) don't all fan out the same? My highest nozzle has a strong straight jet only?

Last edited by biketrax; 06-10-19 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-10-19, 04:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 50 Posts
That's the whole point of the different color tips. Different spray angles for different applications. They normally have the spray angles embossed on them.

Old 06-10-19, 05:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,530 Votes on 1,413 Posts
The higher the number.... the wider the angle....... the lower the pressure.
0 is the narrowest pattern. It's the strongest and most damaging tip.

Old 06-11-19, 03:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 408 Votes on 364 Posts
They are also color coded so you don't have to read the fine print on the tip. The zero tip is red and would be your straight jet. While there are times it's prudent to use that tip, most jobs are best done with one of the other tips that have a fan pattern.

Old 09-22-19, 12:52 AM
The Water Pressure Very weak again!

I used it a half dozen times this summer and its back to very weak power! engine seems to run steady and alternates to higher revs. when spraying however I maxed out unload-er adjustment on my pump, and not getting the high end feel a 3000 psi should be putting out!! Seems just like hose pressure.
I can put my hand if front of the water.
I guess i need to break down the pump and find the problem

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: