Old Engine Parts Locator

Old 07-24-19, 04:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old Engine Parts Locator

Hello all, I have a Honda GC160 5hp engine serial number GCAHA 1915491 that came off an Excell 2500 powerwasher , engine family 3HNXS.187AK with a 7/8 short tapered shaft that I need parts for. The motor is over 16 years old and when I type it into the Honda site it tells me to call Honda because they only have motor info from 2004 and up. I did but they only referred me to a local parts store. Weird. So I went to a parts store site and did a chat and they said that I needed a certain part number but I'm not sure if that is correct. I am writing to this forum to see if anyone can tell me what part number I need or where I can get parts for this motor. I need a cylinder assembly and valves for the above engine. I just don't know if the part number the other site gave me is correct. I also don,t know what engine model that is similar to the one I have. There are so many engine types on these sites that I am sooooo confused.
Thank you for all and any help. I

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-19, 10:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Hello rskram,

The good thing about this is that the cylinder assembly, or what one might call the engine block, is the same for most if not all of these gc160 engines. I'm pretty sure it's the same on ALL of them but I can't swear to it 100%. Most of your variations are going to be in the controls and crankshaft dimensions. The main journals and rod journals will be the same on all of them I believe, and I think all of them are going to have the same cylinder assy part number and valves and bolt pattern on the base and pump side.

Old 07-25-19, 06:07 PM
Thanks cheese for all your help.

Old 08-20-19, 06:34 PM
Found Parts

I found the cylinder assembly for the engine. I put it together and now the flywheel won't spin to turn the crank. What the heck is going on. I oiled up the piston, rings , and block. What could the problem be? Thanks for the help.

Old 08-20-19, 09:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does it move at all, as in turns and then locks, or is it totally locked in place? If you loosen the sump cover bolts, will it turn then?

Old 08-21-19, 06:37 AM
Flywheel

It turns a little and then it locks like you said. But it turns really really hard. I haven't loosened the bolts yet to see if that helps any.

Old 08-21-19, 11:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you get the valve timing set correctly?

Old 08-21-19, 02:50 PM
Valve timing

I lined up the two marks on the sprocket while the piston was at top dead center

Old 08-21-19, 03:23 PM
Valve timing

I lined up the two marks on the sprocket while the piston was at top dead center