Honda GX340 Generator ..Carb issues

Old 09-08-19, 10:32 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honda GX340 Generator ..Carb issues

I have recently acquired a old inoperable generator manufactured by Kodiak and is powered by an (operable) Honda GX340 engine. My plan is to re purpose the motor so l have removed the generator from the engine.
While removing the armature l found the carburetor float bowl had fallen off and could not figure out haw it was fastened to the body. There was no bolt as usual on the bowl bottom but there is a solenoid of some kind. It is a complete mystery to me how the bowl is secured. There is a rubber "O" ring on the body of the carb that mates to the surface of the bowl but no way (l can see) to secure it.
As an aside l have found this engine to have a tapered crankshft and l am interested in anyone who may have found some way to convert it to a standard 1" shaft with keyway to affix a pully?
Thanks in advance!

Old 09-08-19, 01:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
The bowl goes on with a bolt with a hole in the middle of it for the solenoid to mount through. The solenoid mounts with two phillips screws. You can change the crankshaft but that's about it.

Old 09-08-19, 03:46 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
OK thanks ..cheese?....I see what has happened..the bolt is brass and someone had obviously mistaken it for a head bolt and just wrenched on it...it is no longer a bolt but a nut with no threads. The solenoid must have been integral to the operation of the generator and since it is no longer to be used as a generator and as the part is in need of replacing l may just as well order a new carb...probably cheaper than the bolt. Can't figure out how to insert photo..sorry new to this forum..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: