Homelite HL252300 Pressure Washer Wont Start

Old 09-25-19, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Homelite HL252300 Pressure Washer Wont Start

Hi Folks

I have a Homelite HL252300 2500PSI 2.3GPM with a 179cc engine in it that for the life of me I can not get to start. I have drained all old fuel out and put in new fuel, changed the oil and put in new, air filter is also new. I checked the spark Plug and have spark, but no go on starting when I pull the rip cord.

I drained the fuel out of the fuel bowl and didnt see any sediment or anything , so I am at a loss as to what the heck is going on

Last edited by SuperDutyDude; 09-25-19 at 07:53 AM. Reason: wording
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-19, 10:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 169 Votes on 150 Posts
Try pulling the trigger while pull starting, sometimes that helps.

SuperDutyDude voted this post useful.
Old 09-25-19, 12:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 22 Votes on 19 Posts
Agreed^

Also, try putting a bit of gas in the spark plug hole and see if it will start momentarily. If so, you know it's a carb issue.

SuperDutyDude voted this post useful.
Old 09-25-19, 04:39 PM
Hi Marksr and Cheese

Okay gents I tried what you have suggested, so here is what I did, I have the spray gun trigger pressed down with a piece of velcro strap and I pulled the spark plug and used a syringe ( say no to drugs kids ) and used that to pull some gas from the tank and then put it into the spark plug hole and gave the cord a pull and it seemed like it started for a second and then dies, I did try a second attempt leaving things like they were without pulling the plug and adding no gas and nope it did not start

Old 09-25-19, 05:59 PM
Okay so when I drained the fuel to put in new fuel, I had a quick look at the fuel bowl and of course at that time the old gas was there and I emptied it out and put the fuel bowl back on etc and then filled the tank with new fuel, but I noticed just now when I took the carb off and decided to check the fuel bowl there was no fuel in it
Okay cleaned the carburettor and the jets and got the engine running, ran it for minute and seemed okay, one thing I didnt seem to be able was to get any water out of the spray gun, any ideas as to why?

Last edited by SuperDutyDude; 09-25-19 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-26-19, 12:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 22 Votes on 19 Posts
Try with the tip removed and see if it flows.

Old 09-26-19, 07:18 AM
Hi Cheese

I did try it with the tip removed and no flow, I took that little rubber boot off and pulled that little spring valve to make sure that little pin wasn;t frozen in place or stuck and it seems to move freely, so I connected the hose back up that is supplying water from the house to the pump and then took the hose off that runs up to the wand off at the pump and disconnected it there and water came out ( note I did not have the engine running just so you know ) I reconnected the hose and tried again with the wand and no tip in place and no water coming out,

Old 09-26-19, 08:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you try disconnecting the wand from the pressure hose to see if water is coming thru to the gun?

Old 09-26-19, 09:10 AM
Hi Marksr

Yes I did try disconnecting the hose that runs from the pump to the gun at the gun itself and no water was coming thru with the gun disconnected

Old 09-26-19, 09:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That means there is an obstruction in the hose.

Old 10-17-19, 07:22 PM
A thought

Dunno if this will help, but I had the same problem with my Ryobi gas trimmer. Turned out that the choke setting for a cold start was just a hair too much for the engine to catch. I nudged it a bit to the open setting and it started right up. Hope this helps.