ATV Fertilizer Spreader

Old 11-10-19, 07:51 PM
W
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
ATV Fertilizer Spreader

I have A Buyers Products ATVS100 Spreader that mounts on the back of my Cushman Golfster. I find it to be an excellent product, but hard to get ahold of tech support. I backed into a tree with it and managed to bend the motor shaft really well. This motor is a Chinese mfr (probably made out of old Buicks) I thought I would write in before I tried anything, but I went ahead and put the upper part of the shaft in a big vise, and used a piece of pipe to bend it back straight. (I wanted to heat it, but wasn't confident that the heat would stay at the bend) I dont always amaze myself, but I did this time. No way to put a dial indicator on it, but looks awful darn straight to the naked eye. I just wanted to let anyone who has a similar experience know that if it is small enough, and you can anchor it well enough, that it can be done. (straighten shaft without heat)

Old 11-11-19, 03:47 AM
C
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Man, glad it worked out. Have you re-installed the shaft, and does the motor run as expected? Any oil leaks, for instance?

Old 11-11-19, 05:45 AM
W
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
Well, that is why i didnt want to use heat, because I assume there is a seal or gasket somewhere. This is a DC motor and I will watch for leaks, but non so far! I think the bend I forced on it, and then bent back was far enough down the shaft to not affect the area where there might be a seal of some sort. I will be watching.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: