Riding Lawn Mower tire Pressure

Old 05-23-20, 01:29 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Riding Lawn Mower tire Pressure

I just repaired a leaky tire on my riding lawn mower (Cub Cadet LT46) and put the pressure at just under the recommended Max, 10 PSI. I noticed yesterday, that it still mowed the grass at a bit of a slant. I then checked the tire on the opposite side this morning, (I check the tire pressure when it's cool in the garage) and found it at 28 PSI. I now wonder at the issue. Should I figure that this tire was inflated at a lower altitude (I'm in Missouri) and lower it to the recommended Max or put both somewhere in the middle?

My gut says put both at 10, but wanted a few experts input.

Popular Reply

05-23-20, 02:49 PM
stickshift
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Lower altitude is not going to triple the pressure, someone screwed up. Set them at 10 psi and mow on.

Old 05-23-20, 02:19 PM
Received 460 Votes on 429 Posts
and put the pressure at just under the recommended Max, 10 PSI
And why would you inflate to anything other than the recommended pressure?

Old 05-23-20, 02:49 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Lower altitude is not going to triple the pressure, someone screwed up. Set them at 10 psi and mow on.

joecaption, Marvinator voted this post useful.
Old 05-24-20, 09:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 50 Votes on 45 Posts
10 in the rears, 15 in the fronts.

Old 06-08-20, 11:05 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The cause and effect

Thought I'd drop by and share what I found.
First, I checked and made sure that both rear wheels were at 10 psi exactly. Then I checked the level of the blades in the deck and yes, it was not level. Then I spent way too long trying to find the 'locking nut' which controlled the level. (See picture, I post this for anyone with a similar problem. The instructions on the net all say to work with the 'bracket and locking nuts' but don't tell you where to find them. Yeah, I'm a noob.)

What has happened is really me. Every time I'm done mowing, I take the time to put the mower up on a set of ramps (https://www.instructables.com/id/Car...Section-Ramps/) and clean out the blade area. Apparently, what I had done was push UP on the deck on one side not realizing that the post did NOT come back down again. Oddly, it stuck in that position. A couple of taps with a hammer and it came back down again. I did loosen and lock the bolts again, just to make sure.

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: