Need o-ring size for hose on Briggs power washer

Old 10-09-20, 08:38 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need o-ring size for hose on Briggs power washer

I have a Brute power washer model #020577. This is made by Briggs and Stratton. The o-ring in the hose end that attaches to the gun is gone and I need to replace it. I do not want to buy the kit, I want to get the o-ring size and replace it. The part number for the hose is 316465GS. The o-ring kit (which I do not want to buy) is part # 705001 (I think). The gun is part #704622. Anyone know the o-ring size? I found it once but I can not find it again. I seem to remember it being 3mm x 3/8 inch, but I don't know if this is correct for sure now.

Old 10-09-20, 09:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 867 Votes on 798 Posts
I don't often see manufacturers provide spec's so you can circumvent ordering from them. If you have the pressure washer you can measure an O ring if you've got one or measure the groove where it goes. You need to know the diameter of the ring, the diameter of the material, and what the material is and it's durometer. But for a pressure washer it's a pretty low tech application so just the diameter's is good enough to go shopping.

Old 10-09-20, 03:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
go to lowes or hd and they have a set of o rings for pressure washers. I have a set at home I am not using now.I think was less than 5 bucks

Old 10-09-20, 06:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
Hardware stores, ACE hardware..... they have parts bins with all sizes.

I bought two sets of O-rings from Harbor Freight. They have come in handy many times for a lot of different repairs. I'd consider buying a set is money well spent.

O-ring kits

Typical size O-ring for a 1/4" Q/D fitting is 3/8" x .100 thick.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: