Smoking snowblower

Old 11-20-20, 01:36 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smoking snowblower

After changing the oil and refueling, I started my snowblower for the first time of the season to test it. It started up ok and sounded like it was running fine, but it filled up my garage with smoke, so much that I shut it off after a couple of minutes. I know I should have started it outside, but the tires were removed. In any case, I'm wondering what the cause might be. Is it possible that it was just smoking because it was the first start of the season?

Popular Reply

11-20-20, 01:55 PM
marbobj
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
Happens a lot.

Check the oil level and if it is over filled and smells gassy the float is probably sticking. The over fill in the crankcase would cause the smoking.

If you do have gas in the crankcase, drain the oil, fix the float valve sticking and refill to proper oil level.. That usually takes care of it.

Old 11-20-20, 01:55 PM
M
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
Happens a lot.

Check the oil level and if it is over filled and smells gassy the float is probably sticking. The over fill in the crankcase would cause the smoking.

If you do have gas in the crankcase, drain the oil, fix the float valve sticking and refill to proper oil level.. That usually takes care of it.

joecaption, peter72 voted this post useful.
Old 11-21-20, 07:15 AM
W
Received 27 Votes on 25 Posts
Just a thought: could you have filled the gas tank with 2-cycle fuel?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: