Poulan Pro PR241 snow blower can't go forward

Old 12-04-20, 10:43 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poulan Pro PR241 snow blower can't go forward

I started up our snow blower ( Model : Poulan Pro PR241) that I bought it only a few years old and been used around 20 times total and everything works fine, auger throws snow fine. However, no matter what gear I put it in it only goes backwards. Any forward speed I pick, it goes backwards when I press down the "go" lever. I'm appreciate if anybody help me to solve this problem.

Old 12-04-20, 02:52 PM
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
With most snowblowers, there is a flywheel driven by the belt connected to the engine. Forward or reverse propulsion is created by a rubber wheel that is connected to the axle and is held against the back side of the flywheel. The shift lever moves the wheel up & down to control the drive speed. The further the rubber wheel is from the center of the flywheel, the faster it turns. For reverse, the wheel is moved to the other side of the flywheel center. More than likely, the position of the wheel isn't being moved, it's always in the "reverse" position. Probably the linkage connecting the shift lever to the rubber wheel positioning mechanism is broken or disconnected.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-07-20, 09:50 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Bob14525 for your information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: