Eskimo Ice Auger M43

Old 01-10-21, 10:30 AM
D
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Eskimo Ice Auger M43

I picked up a eskimo gas auger that needs some work. There is a gas line that comes from the primer bulb that is just hanging. The grommet on the tank only has one hole and a gas line that has the filter on it. Where does the other line go? Every other small engine that hose goes in tank? Cannot find a diagram and even the replacement parts I need for the air filter are different as none of the diagrams show the metal piece on the carb. The on off switch is strapped to handle but that is not where it is suppose to be. Any Ideas? Thanks

Old 01-10-21, 01:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 252 Votes on 220 Posts
Both fuel lines should go to the tank. One is the fuel pickup with the filter the other is the return. When you pump the primer bulb, fuel should come out of the tank, through the carb, and then back to the tank.

Also, look on the engine itself for a number or nameplate. It is likely not made by Eskimo. It is likely made by Tecumseh

Old 01-10-21, 03:38 PM
D
I agree but there is only one hole in the grommet that goes in the tank. Will look for a name plate tomorrow. I think it is a Tecumseh. Thanks for the reply

Old 01-11-21, 02:09 PM
D
Just an update. Found a grommet that has 3 lines one had a vent bulb on it, one for fuel filter and one for the primer bulb. Cleaned the carb put in a new diaphragm. And it started right up, actually ran good. Was just going to tweak the carb a bit and all of a sudden it quit. Got it to start a couple more times but then nothing. Check the spark and it was good. Plug looked good but wet. Pulled the muffler to see what piston looked like it was clean and shinny no scoring and it has good compression. I could not get it to fire again??? Any Ideas. Thought about buying a $13 carb but hate to put any more money in this. Its gotta be something simple. Maybe flooded. I left the plug out to dry will try again in the am. Thanks for the help Just a thought could the third line out of the tank with the little bulb on the end I think is a vent be the problem?

Old 01-11-21, 06:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 252 Votes on 220 Posts
With a wet spark plug, it definitely flooded. It might be running too rich or perhaps the needle is stuck. I have had good success taking the carbs apart and cleaning them with parts wash. Make sure the high-speed and low-speed settings are correct. I typically set them 1 to 1 1/2 turns out from all the way in.

Old 01-12-21, 06:39 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 747 Votes on 686 Posts
Before disassembling a carburetor I gently turn each needle in and count the turns until it touches the seat. Then I use those numbers as a starting point after cleaning.

Old 01-12-21, 10:57 AM
D
Well let the auger sit overnight, would not start on choke, took off choke and held throttle in and it started right up and ran great!! I have attached a pic of the little bulb at end of the third line that goes into tank. What is it? Thanks for the help.

Old 01-12-21, 11:22 AM
Received 27 Votes on 22 Posts
The white object at the end of the fuel line is a fuel filter. It keeps the engine from sucking in any dirt or foreign material that may be in the fuel tank.

Old 01-12-21, 01:37 PM
D
Are you sure. It is outside the tank, the fuel filter in on the long line inside the tank that goes to the carb and a line that just goes inside the tank that goes to the primer bulb. I have seen these little bulbs on other engines but never knew what they were

Old 01-13-21, 06:24 AM
Received 27 Votes on 22 Posts
Sorry, when you said that the line goes into the tank, I thought you meant that the white cylinder went into the tank. If it remains outside the tank, I have no idea what it might be.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: