Husqvarna Chainsaw 235E

Old 03-18-21, 09:33 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Husqvarna Chainsaw 235E

I purchased this to repair. It was in bad shape. Replaced the gas lines, fuel filter, cleaned and rebuilt carb with new gaskets and all. Saw starts right up, but wants to die and hesitates, adjusting the carb did nothing. So I bought a nock off carb and put on and it did the same thing only worse would barely run. Frustrating. I have had good luck with nock off carbs before but the last couple have been total junk. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Old 03-19-21, 12:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
The way it runs when it barely runs is where the key is. Can you tell if it's flooding or leaning out? Is compression good? Check the pulse port in the carb mounting gasket. Could be a bad crankshaft seal, lots of possibilities.

Old 03-19-21, 02:19 PM
D
Thanks for the reply, will check these, as far a running bad, it is like it is starving for gas. Has good compression, The holes in the carb gaskets line up I think that is what you are referring to as pulse port? Not sure how to check crankshaft seal?

Old 03-19-21, 03:20 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
With the engine running spray/dribble brake parts cleaner behind the carb and along all mating surfaces if the engine tempo changes you have found an air leak and can take the appropriate action. Have a good one. Geo

Old 03-19-21, 03:51 PM
A
Received 113 Upvotes on 98 Posts
might try adjusting the carb again does it die at idle or when your or when the throttle is held down.

Old 03-20-21, 05:14 AM
M
Received 34 Upvotes on 33 Posts
Just having it running is 90 per cent of the battle on a two stroke. Then you have it narrowed down to fuel air.

With the replacement carb, how are you adjusting the mixture screws? Also did you clean up the exhaust?

Old 03-22-21, 04:54 AM
D
I have adj carb several time, starts and idles but when pull the throttle dies. did not pull off the muffler, will try that and check for leaks Thanks for the help

Old 03-24-21, 02:18 PM
D
Well Finally got it running GREAT! Have had that carb off so many times. There was an air leak, New gasket was so thin that it just did not seal. Still had a problem with old carb, so put the aftermarket back on, fired right up and I could even adj the carb which I could never do before. Really appreciate the help, have never had a problem with an air leak before. On to the next project. Thanks Again!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: