toro lawn mower

Old 06-22-01, 08:27 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a toro 21" sp recycler lawnmower. It is a fine machine and we have had it for many years. The model # is 20219. It seems like the throttle speed is too low. I have read the manual and it states " when the throttle is adjusted the holes must be aligned in the throttle bracket and throttle lever" I have done this but no increase in speed is realized. How can I adjust the throttle speed.
Thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-01, 09:35 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: farhhampa

Maximum top speed {RPM} of any single cyclinder gasoline engine is 3600 Revolutions Per Minute. Above that speed the engine will only last a few hours at most prior to self distruction.

I tossed that in first because it's both a warning and advice. Without a tachometer there isn't any real way of knowing the true engine RPM's.

Therefore, it may seem and sound like the engine is running slow but in reality not be. I do not reccommend attempting to raise the engines RPM's nor adjusting the cable or linkage out of the manufacturers settings without a tachometer, even slightly faster.

My best advice for your personal safety and the life of the enigne is to have the engine speed checked and adjusted by a professional at a lawn mower shop.

Please understand that I have seen plenty of expensive power equipment completely distroyed by overspeeding the engine. I would not want this to happen to yours.

Good Luck,
Tom_Bartco
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.
Personal Quote:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it until it is broken!"
Bare in mind my company no longer services nor repairs lawn and garden powered equipment. Rest assured and fully confident, the help I offer you is based upon my prior years in this industry, with this type of equipment and is specific and accurate to the best of my knowledge...

Old 06-23-01, 06:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks Tom I will heed your advice

Search this Thread