Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!


's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

07-31-01, 10:09 PM   #1  
I have an older Craftsman II weedwacker, 28.0 cc/ 18", Model # 358.798141, I inherited it, I have no owners manual, and I am trying to locate a carbureter rebuild kit, I called Sears parts line and they told me that they don't list it. I know that someone else made but I don't know who? Can You please help me? I have to rebuild it I lost the needle valve spring.


Sponsored Links
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

Join Date: Feb 1998
Posts: 10,440

08-01-01, 08:09 PM   #2  
Hello Oskowskir

You should try the local lawn mower small engine repair shops listed in the phone book. The spring you need is most likely on an unserviceable machine in their shops scrap heep. It's a common part that often can be interchanged. The repair persons in the shop can help you best.

Below are two sources of parts. I am sure there are others. Two other small engine service techs post replies in the forum. Hopefully they can add to the choices below.

BILLIOU'S 1-209-784-4102

L.S.THORPE CO. INC. 1-617-776-2445

Regards and Good Luck,
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.
Personal Quote:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it until it is broken!"
Bare in mind my company no longer services nor repairs lawn and garden powered equipment. The information provided is specific and accurate to the best of my knowledge...

Joe_F's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

08-02-01, 09:27 AM   #3  
Easy one...

Go to http://www.sears.com, click on parts.

I entered your model #. It comes up. You can view the parts list and the exploded view. I find this to be great about Sears. That was very time consuming to do, but they do stand behind their stuff I feel.

The carb. repair kit, called I believe a "Kwik kit":

I cut and pasted what I found below:

REPAIR KIT, part #530035185 (35185) Model# 358798141
$ 17.99

That tells me it's still available. As far as who made it, maybe Poulan? Many times when you order the part from Sears, it comes in the manufacturers bag.

For instance, parts for a Sears rollaway tool chest (I know, I have one!) come with the Waterloo Industries # on it, because Waterloo was (and still is) their supplier on these items.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

Search this Thread