Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

no governor fluctuation

Visiting Guest

08-03-01, 06:23 AM   #1  
jz brake
i have a 1999 craftman 42 1n. cut rider with a 19 horse turbo twin brigg&stratton model # 917290771.
the governor quit working,i removed the governor plate every thing looks good,the governor shaft has about 15 degrees of fluctuation(engine not running),with the engine running at base idle there is pressure on the governor shaft but it does not fluctuate,so what do i look for?
jz brake

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

08-03-01, 07:30 PM   #2  
Hello jz brake

If the governor link has normal applied pressure on it while the engine is running and wants to move, check for linkage binding, correct installation and check the carbs throttle plate for binding also.

Since this isn't a common problem, what was the engines running symptoms prior to you removing the governors housing plate? The engines problem may not have been a result of the governors functioning.

Are you sure you reinstalled the linkages correctly?
There are often several holes the linkage rod can fit into on the carb. It must be installed into the proper hole and installed correctly.

Check the Sears online web site for a pictorial of that specific engine.

Regards and Good Luck,
Tom_Bartco
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.
Personal Quote:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it until it is broken!"
Bare in mind my company no longer services nor repairs lawn and garden powered equipment. The information provided is specific and accurate to the best of my knowledge...

Search this Thread