Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Good Site

Visiting Guest

08-20-01, 12:53 AM   #1  
Frosty
I found a Craftsman mower, left for dead out in-front of a house today.( poor thing) I spent my sunday ripping it apart. To my astonishment there wasn't a mixture screw on the carburetor. In the course of my online search to find the answer to this 'freak-carb'......i found this site. http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lmfaq.htm It explained to me that craftsman (tecumseh) carbs are not adjustable. It's very informative! I suggest you check it out, especially if you don't want to buy a manual.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-20-01, 09:49 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Frosty,

Good job and hope you get it working. I got a mower from my neighbor (1988 Craftsman) that too was left for dead.

My mother laughed when she heard some puttering in the garage and then all of a sudden, VROOOOOOOOOM. She looked outside and saw me smiling ear to ear cutting our lawn with it. I simply tuned it up and gave it some TLC and walah, it works as good as new. In fact, I used it yesterday at my grandparents house. Starts on the first try every single week!

Just goes to show with a little TLC, some smarts, and help from forums like these, you can get things like that working in short order. Yahoo!!

By the way, I also fixed a snowblower the SAME neighbor discarded. Simply needed the gearcase lubed .

Search this Thread