weedeater

Old 09-06-01, 10:41 AM
Visiting Guest
my weed eater is about two years old. when I get it started it would run until I would give it gas then it would die. now ti want start at all. I have change the sparkplug.
can you tell me anything about what might be wrong?
is there something that need to be addjusted.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-01, 02:43 PM
Admin Emeritus
Restricted Fuel Supply

Hello and Welcome Videoman to my Small Engine forum.

Check the fuel system. Basically, your looking for a fuel flow problem. I suggest you first try a simply test.

Keeping the machine level, fire it up without the fuel cap on and see what happens. If the engines responds normally, the fuel caps vent hole is restricted or plugged. If the machine continues to display the same difficulties, check for any type of fuel restriction between the inside of the tank and the carb.

Another possibility could be a fuel restriction within the carbs fuel flow system. Could be one or more of the fuel ports within the carb may be clogged or restricted.

Try riching the fuel mixture for both low speed and high speed. About an 1/8 of a turn counterclock wise on the left {L} fuel screw and 1/4 turn out on the right screw {H}

Check the archives, within this forum, for more information.
Several other postings and replies to this topic with helpful information can be found here.

Check the manufacturers online web site for additional help.

Regards and Good Luck,
Forum Moderator
Accurate Power Equipment
Small Engine Service and Repair Technician.

Bare in mind my company no longer services nor repairs lawn and garden powered equipment. The information provided is specific and accurate to the best of my knowledge...

Search this Thread