Snowthrower Starting Problem

Old 12-15-01, 08:40 AM
Snowthrower Starting Problem

I have a Toro CCR 3000 GTS Snowthrower since 1996. It has started perfectly each year. This year, it starts OK, but when I push the choke in it stalls.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-01, 12:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not sure which engine you have, but your problem is in the carburetor. Remove the bowl and clean it out, clean the jets, and reassemble. That should take care of it. Let us know how it goes!

Old 12-15-01, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think this is a job for a pretty handy guy? Anything I should I should really know?

Old 12-15-01, 04:46 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello Johnam

What you really need to know can be found in a service and repair manual. I would highly suggest you make this minor investment in reading material prior to attempting any services and or repairs.

Old 12-15-01, 06:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
should be fairly simple, but as I'm not sure which engine you have, I can't tell you how simple it will be. Most small engine carburetors are fairly easy to work with. Like Tom said, a service manual may prove quite valuable.

Old 12-18-01, 11:17 AM
The engine is a Toro 2 cycle 5hp. Where can I purchase a service manual? Is there a short-cut to correcting my problem....like putting some Gum-Out in the gasoline. By the way after many attempts at making it run with the choke in, it now takes about 1 minute before it stalls. Thanks, guys, for the help.

Old 12-19-01, 05:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Most chain style auto parts places have manuals that should cover your engine. As for gasoline addatives, they won't do the job. If nothing else, remove the bowl on the carburetor and clean it out. it should be held on with a bolt through the bottom. Sometimes the bolt has tiny holes in it that need to be cleaned out too. Many times that is all that is needed, and from your description of engine operation, it will probably take care of your problem.

Old 12-21-01, 04:08 AM
To cheese & Tom......THANKS...........I removed the bowl (it seemed clean) I looked for what might have been the jets and I sprayed some carb cleaner in the hole and now it's running fine. I'll give it another test tomorrow. THANKS AGAIN.

Old 12-21-01, 08:02 AM
Admin Emeritus
.......WE LOVE ATTA BOYS!.......

Hello Johnam

On behalf of myself and all the other professionals whom contribute their valuable time, knowledge, expertise, helpful suggestions, repair procedures, professional advice, etc. in my "Small Engine" forum topic, we each thank you too. We appreciate your taking a few minutes of your time replying back with successful results.

............THIS FORUM LOVES........ATTA BOY'S!....

Regards and Thanks
Small Engine Forum Moderator
TomB...........TCB4U2B2B........Company Enterprises.
"Accurate Power Equipment Co."
Complete Small Engine Repairs and Diagnostics Services.

Old 12-21-01, 02:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You're quite welcome, glad we could help!!!:.)