Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snowthrower Starting Problem

NY

12-15-01, 08:40 AM   #1  
Snowthrower Starting Problem

I have a Toro CCR 3000 GTS Snowthrower since 1996. It has started perfectly each year. This year, it starts OK, but when I push the choke in it stalls.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-15-01, 12:58 PM   #2  
Not sure which engine you have, but your problem is in the carburetor. Remove the bowl and clean it out, clean the jets, and reassemble. That should take care of it. Let us know how it goes!

NY

12-15-01, 04:11 PM   #3  
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think this is a job for a pretty handy guy? Anything I should I should really know?

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

12-15-01, 04:46 PM   #4  
Hello Johnam

What you really need to know can be found in a service and repair manual. I would highly suggest you make this minor investment in reading material prior to attempting any services and or repairs.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-15-01, 06:25 PM   #5  
should be fairly simple, but as I'm not sure which engine you have, I can't tell you how simple it will be. Most small engine carburetors are fairly easy to work with. Like Tom said, a service manual may prove quite valuable.

NY

12-18-01, 11:17 AM   #6  
The engine is a Toro 2 cycle 5hp. Where can I purchase a service manual? Is there a short-cut to correcting my problem....like putting some Gum-Out in the gasoline. By the way after many attempts at making it run with the choke in, it now takes about 1 minute before it stalls. Thanks, guys, for the help.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-19-01, 05:19 PM   #7  
Most chain style auto parts places have manuals that should cover your engine. As for gasoline addatives, they won't do the job. If nothing else, remove the bowl on the carburetor and clean it out. it should be held on with a bolt through the bottom. Sometimes the bolt has tiny holes in it that need to be cleaned out too. Many times that is all that is needed, and from your description of engine operation, it will probably take care of your problem.

NY

12-21-01, 04:08 AM   #8  
To cheese & Tom......THANKS...........I removed the bowl (it seemed clean) I looked for what might have been the jets and I sprayed some carb cleaner in the hole and now it's running fine. I'll give it another test tomorrow. THANKS AGAIN.

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

12-21-01, 08:02 AM   #9  
.......WE LOVE ATTA BOYS!.......

Hello Johnam

On behalf of myself and all the other professionals whom contribute their valuable time, knowledge, expertise, helpful suggestions, repair procedures, professional advice, etc. in my "Small Engine" forum topic, we each thank you too. We appreciate your taking a few minutes of your time replying back with successful results.

............THIS FORUM LOVES........ATTA BOY'S!....

Regards and Thanks
Small Engine Forum Moderator
TomB...........TCB4U2B2B........Company Enterprises.
"Accurate Power Equipment Co."
Complete Small Engine Repairs and Diagnostics Services.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-21-01, 02:24 PM   #10  
You're quite welcome, glad we could help!!!:.)

Search this Thread