Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gasoline chain saw

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-02-02, 12:07 PM   #1  
Gasoline chain saw

I have a craftsman gasoline chain saw that no spark to ignite the
gasoline, could you tell me what i need to repair it? Dee

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

01-02-02, 02:50 PM   #2  
Hi: Dee and Welcome to our Do-It-Yourself Web Site and my Small Engine forum.

The very first item to replace would be the spark plug. be sure to install the correct size and heat range plug. Best way to insure it's the correct plug is to either replace it with exactly the same type as is currently installed or one sold to you at a local small engine repair shop.

Many major hardware stores also have lawn mower and or small engine lawn and garden power tools. The spark plugs should be found in those departments and the packages will state which makes and models the spark plug fits.

If the new plug fails to fire up the engine, recheck for a spark. If still no spark, the engines kill {Stop} switch may be defective.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart.....Company Enterprises.....TCB4U2B2B
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostic Service and Repair Technician.

During installations of some parts that may not fit exactly perfect, it may be necessary to apply "BRUTE" force in order to compel compliance..........{not serious...just a joke folks...}

Personal Quote:
"If it ain't already broke, don't fix it, tinker with it or $#@&*&%$#@! with it until you do break it!"

Search this Thread