Spring's a-comin'!!!!

Old 03-01-02, 11:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Spring's a-comin'!!!!

It's about time to start thinking about that lawnmower you're gonna need shortly.

Might want to go ahead and check the battery, change the oil, check and clean or replace filters, belts, blades, and spark plugs. Inflate tires, grease those fittings, and do a general visual inspection. Don't wait until everyone else has discovered they need blades and batteries and they buy the stores out. If you find you need repairs that you're not capable of performing, the repair shops are not swamped yet and you won't have to wait 6 weeks to get your equipment back.

This might be a little early for some folks in the northern part of the country, but it's right on time for the south. Get it done ahead of time, and you'll apreciate it when that mower is ready when you are!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-02, 11:23 AM
Group Moderator
Spring's already here, cheese; 79 degrees this afternoon! Good suggestions anyway.

Old 03-02-02, 08:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yeah...for you guys in SW florida, and us in SW Georgia, lol. Where in Florida Tow Guy? I'm originally from the Tampa area.

Old 03-03-02, 01:48 PM
Group Moderator
Southern Sarasota County, I can throw a rock into Charlotte County to the south; originally from N. Pinellas County.

Old 03-03-02, 04:04 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Gee thanks guys .

It's still on/off cold here in NYC and we finally got some needed rain as the reservoirs are lower than they should be.

Good suggestions about the equipment. I like to give my equipment a coat of wax on the body. Keeps it looking like new.

I use automotive wax on everything from my toolboxes to my battery charger's metal case and anything I want to shine. They look great!

Old 03-03-02, 08:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We're from the same neck of the woods Tow-Guy, I still get down there once in a while. I lived in Seminole for a while (pinellas co.).

I forgot about wax Joe, lol. Sometimes they seem to run better when they just plain look good! Not to mention the rust has a harder time making lunch out of the hood.

Old 03-12-02, 06:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Just did my grandfather's 1988 Craftsman (AYP) mower with the 3.5 HP Tecumseh motor.

Cleaned, waxed, new oil, cleaned the plug, lubed all the pivot points.

Started on the third try and ran like a champ, I mean Chief .

Not bad for a mower my neighbor threw out 3 summers ago, huh?

Old 03-17-02, 06:42 PM
bear101
Visiting Guest
Wink

I well be getten to the mowers soon. But it fells more like winter now than what it has was 45 degress here with rain today. Feed the cows in the mud the last two days. We need the rain, But what happened last weeks 70's & sun. All well we can't change it so I should learn to love it. The weather channal says more rain.

Old 03-18-02, 06:35 PM
Group Moderator
My sympathies, bear; mid 80's and sunny this week, but I've been in the midwest this time of year before and know how fun the weather can be.