Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Question

04-28-02, 08:32 AM   #1  
Kohler CV16S

This engine is new with maybe 15 hours run time. After about 5 hours it started running rough. I checked the oil and found the inside of the oil fill tube cap soaked with oil. Changed the oil and it's been running OK, but I still find the cap soaked on the inside. Is this normal ??

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

04-28-02, 05:46 PM   #2  
Hello: sjc1701

Recheck the oil level. Also check the volumn of oil. The oil level may be too high as a result of overfilling or an inaccurate length dipstick. Has been know to happen rarely to find the wrong length dipstick.

Another very rare possibility is a restricted breather or crankcase ventilation tube. Generally speaking, the breather is a metal rectangular part attached to the engine case. The breather tube is a tube with a short length of hose attached to it and the other end is attached to the carb.

If all checks out fine, have the engine serviced under the warranty at any local dealer or small engine repair shop selling the brand name.

Most likely I have not covered all of the potential problems. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help. Check back several times for additional replies.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any and all additional information, etc. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Efficient Services....
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Search this Thread