Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Valve lash gap

TX

05-11-02, 06:47 PM   #1  
Valve lash gap

Where can I find the valve lash gap for a Tecumseh Model LEV100? (3.75 Hp mower)

Why is this data so hard to find? I would think that there would be a web site with technical data for all Tecumseh and B&S engines. Is there such a place?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-11-02, 10:27 PM   #2  
Hi slowillie!

I don't have the specs for that engine either, maybe someone else here does. I would set them at .010 inch, both valves. That is what the older engines that your engine is based on were set at. Judging by the model # and the fact that my books don't show it, I am assuming it is a newer engine. My Techumseh books aren't really up to date, lol.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

05-12-02, 03:56 PM   #3  
It is not real new, I bought it in 1998.

It did not last long, however, before it started running poorly. I should have been working on it 2 years ago, but did not want too rush into it!!!!

The exhaust valve is quite a bit less than 0.010. I was thinking that that might be the problem.

Thanks again,

05-13-02, 06:30 PM   #4  
Valve lash specs.

The adjustment is .008 cold. The stem can be trimmed to specs. Try a compresion test cold then hot. Just to be sure it's valve related.

Search this Thread