Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cub Cadet

Visiting Guest

05-25-02, 01:43 PM   #1  
J A Boggan
Cub Cadet

I have just purchased a Cub Cadet riding lawn mower for my son; it appears to be in real good condition. My neighbor (who seems to be a real 'stickler' on changing oil and filters), just sold it to me. What I wanted to know, is what angle or grade of a yard would you be getting in trouble as far as the 'pick-up' of oil in the crankcase is concerned. This Briggs engine sets cross-ways across the rear of the lawn mower.

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

05-25-02, 02:37 PM   #2  
Hello: J. A.

There should not be any need for concern regarding oil pick up. The oil pan has baffle plates within it to contain the oil near the pickup location and still allow it to move freely while in the pan.

Therefore, with baffles in the oil pan, while the tractor is at an angle, your concerns should not be "Oil Pickup" but do have concerns about "Tipping Over.".... which could ruin your day.

Take a tip from the neighbor, myself and the other professionals in this forum and do change the oil and filter plus the air filter regularly. Doing so will prevent premature engine wear and other assorted mechanical problems and part failures. Cheap insurance.
If possible and available from the neighbor, obtain the owners service manual and follow the regular maintenance suggested services to the letter.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Efficient Services....
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.
Personal Quote:
"If it ain't currently broke, don't fix it, tinker with it or #@$$#!& with it until it is broken!"

Visiting Guest

05-26-02, 04:58 AM   #3  
J A Boggan
Thanks Tom for the information.

Search this Thread