Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

finding interior transaxle parts

Visiting Guest

05-29-02, 04:45 PM   #1  
waitman40
finding interior transaxle parts

:I have been trying to find the springs and bbs that go in a transaxle to shift gears, dont know what these parts are called, for an older sears craftsman mower, sears wants to sell the whole thing. everything else looks fine, gears etc...any ideas where I can find the parts. 12hp 38 inch cut thanks for any help or ideas anyone may have! confused:

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-29-02, 11:11 PM   #2  
Hello Waitman40!

If you can get the model no. of the transaxle, you can probably get parts for it from a local lawn mower repair shop. The unit is most likely made by peerless or spicer. On most of these, there is (or was) a label on the left rear side of the unit with the model no. on it. It should be visible from behind and under the mower if it is still there. If you don't find it there, go to www.sears.com and click on parts to find the part no. for the transaxle you have.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

05-29-02, 11:25 PM   #3  
Fisher
They are called detent balls, they lock the
selector in each gear position. Post your
tractor's model numbers so we know what
you have.
Fish

Visiting Guest

05-30-02, 11:13 AM   #4  
waitman40
transaxle

thanks for the quick reply the transaxle is a foote-dana, model # 4360-6 and the part # 120897x thanks so much for your help, waitman40

CANADA

05-11-10, 03:14 PM   #5  
Looking for AYP102050X Gear Set

I have an old Roper YT160BR or AR tractor with a four speed transaxle. I don't want to give up on the tractor but am looking for two gears for it. I've heard no longer available so much that its sickening and I know the right person has the part on the shelf or in the yard somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Super Moderator

AZ

05-11-10, 03:24 PM   #6  
Roper...its an 8 year old post...
Please start a new thread if you need assistance...

Oh and..notwithstanding my other remarks...welcome to the Forum....

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

NH

05-11-10, 04:25 PM   #7  
Need the model number of the tractor and the transaxle in order to help.

Search this Thread