Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Painting my engine

Visiting Guest

06-08-02, 09:25 PM   #1  
ringoryan8
Painting my engine

I have finished rebuilding my engine and wanted it to look good so i decided to paint it. Does any one know What type of paint to use and what can't be painted? Thanks
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-09-02, 12:31 AM   #2  
You can paint all of it, except the muffler. (you could paint it too, but it will burn off and stink). Use high-temp engine paint available at any auto parts store.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

06-09-02, 07:14 AM   #3  
Hello: Ryan

Painting can be best accomplished by applying grease over the parts that are not to be painted. Doing so saves time over masking the parts.

When the paint is applied, it will cover the grease also. Once the paint is fully dried, simply wipe off the greased areas.

This grease over parts method should be used on all manufacturers make and model plates and serial numbers. It can also be used on shafts, pulleys, wiring and most electrical parts and connections, etc.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Visiting Guest

06-09-02, 05:31 PM   #4  
ringoryan8
I rode down to the auto parts store but to by the paint you have to be 18 to buy the paint! Do I have to take the first layer of paint off first or can I simply paintt over the original layer?

Search this Thread