Ignition Spark Problem

Old 06-09-02, 09:09 AM
Darreld Rayner
Visiting Guest
one spark plug keeps burning out

I have a 1978 Honda twin, (Twinstar).. Runs well for a while.. One spark plug seems to burn out on me after a short while (Couple days). Can't figure it out.. I've checked the coil Seems all right... ?????:

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-02, 08:06 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello and Welcome Darreld to our Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

When you say the plug "burns out," exactly what does that mean? The plugs electrode burns off or burns out? Or does that mean the plug fouls out from soot and or carbon deposits?

What type of power machinery does the engine operate? Kindly post the engine model & serial numbers. These numbers identify the specific engine and the parts used to build it. It also helps to determine possible problem causes.

Doing so would greatly improve our chances of offering you specific corrective advice, helpful suggestions, technical problem diagnosis assistance, professional repair methods, proceduers and technics plus the possible parts causing the problem your describing.

In order to add more detail to this topic, click the REPLY button and it will allow you to add more detail. When a reply comes back but you still have another question on this same topic, use the reply button once again.

Small engine repair shops can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the year, make, model and serial numbers and stop in at the store. Parts and repair manuals are also available at these stores. Locations can be found in the local phone book directory.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Efficient Services....
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.