Ignition switch

Old 06-22-02, 01:29 PM
millerlite
Visiting Guest
Ignition switch

I, have a lawnboy riding mower that will not shut off when I turn the ignition switch to the off position nor willit die when I get off of the seat while it is running. But it will turn the starter over and start the mower could this just be a faulty ignition switch.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-02, 07:16 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello and Welcome MillerLite to our Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

Based upon your description of the problem, it could very well be the ignition switch. The problem may just be a defective ignition switch, poorly connected and or broken grounding wire some where in the electrical system.

Check all the wire connections & terminals at the switches and terminal blocks. A continuity and or a test for current at the wire connection points may reveal the source of the problem.

Most likely I have not covered all of the potential possibilities. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help.
Check back on your topic several times for additional replies.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask additional questions, etc. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Efficient Services....
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Old 07-04-02, 06:42 AM
millerlite
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help, sorry it took so long to respond. You were right it was a bad connection that was causing the problem.

Thank again