where to connect the linkage

Old 06-29-02, 02:58 PM
cmacnulty
Visiting Guest
where to connect the linkage

I have a Craftsman 5.0 hp 20" rotory lawn mower. I was having problems with the engine stopping and I thought that the problem might have been with the float or the inlet needle. Being ai hands on type of guy, I decided to take the carb apart and clean it up. is it turned out the float bowl was full of crud. I cleaned everything up and put it all back together including getting the spring clip on the inlet needle. But when it came to attaching the throttle link and the governor link, I could not remember how to connect them. There is a control bracket that controls the throttle but I can not figure how to attach it. I have looked everywhere for a diagram but have not had any success. Can anyone help me so I can get my lawn mowed.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-02, 01:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The linkage with the spring connects by installing the spring end to the governor lever, the wire end to the speed control lever. The solid wire piece connects to the second hole on the governor lever, and to the throttle valve on the carb. I hope this helps, let me know if I haven't described it well enough.

Search this Thread