Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Transmission Question

wlbackus's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

07-01-02, 06:13 PM   #1  
Murray hydrastatic fluid?

Does any one know the correct fluid (oil) to be used in the Murray riding mower auto transmissions?

Dana/Spicer Model 4900-3 mfg 1994

We replaced a gear in the transmission and since the oil in the hydrastatic unit looks dirty we would like to change it as well.

Thanks, Bill

Sponsored Links
cheese's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 16,573

07-01-02, 08:38 PM   #2  
If you have a John Deere dealer near you, ask them for a bottle. They are probably your best bet for a place that has it in stock. It is labeled as hydrostatic transaxle/low viscosity oil.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

wlbackus's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

07-01-02, 09:03 PM   #3  
Murray hydrastatic fluid


Many thanks for the quick reply. We'll get some in the morning!


Search this Thread