Chainsaw Problem

Old 07-13-02, 01:45 PM
samstin
Visiting Guest
chainsaw oilpump

mine is not working on my new saw, 20in craftsman. does anyone know how i pull the clutch or what simple thing i am missing that the oilpump isnt working.almost seems vapor-locked.
thanx
sam

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-02, 09:19 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello Sam. Welcome to our Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

Chances are the oiling hole is simply restricted or plugged.

Remove the sprocket cover, chain and bar. Just behind the bar near the sprocket is the oiling hole. If this hole has debris in it, it can be cleared with the pipe smokers pipe cleaner.

You can also attempt to clear the line with a tiny amount of air pressure or the oil and pressure contained in a can of carb cleaner or WD-40.

Simply insert the plastic flex tube, provided with the canned product, into the hole. Squirt some cleaner into the hole and verify if the product enters the oil holding tank.

The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your topic several times for additional replies.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask another question on this same topic, etc. Using the above method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards and Good Luck, Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Efficient Services....
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Old 07-14-02, 06:14 AM
samstin
Visiting Guest
thank you for the reply. i looked at all different areas for plugging and everything seems fine. when im holding the saw oil comes out freely if i loosen the cap , so i assume there is nothing plugged.
Do you know how i get the clucth off on a newer craftsman.
thanx again
sam